UK LASER CUTTING SERVICES
Benefits of Laser Cutting Sheet Metal
Our sheet metal laser/fiber laser cutting machinery provides a range of benefits to our customers:
- In comparison with punching, it gives a superior edge finish that requires no de-burring or finishing.
- Intricate detail & marking potential.
- Lasers can cut complex shapes without the need for tooling.
- Speed is comparable or faster than other profile cutting methods.
- Localised heat distortion is reduced.
- A polished edge finish can be achieved on stainless steel using a nitrogen assist gas.
Benefits of Laser Cutting – Laser cutting is a technology that has been used in industry since the 1970’s. The first common application was for sign-making, mainly cutting acrylic. Since then the process has been adopted and adapted by virtually every industry group. It is now a significant process in every manufacturing economy.
A Service in Demand
The reasons for laser cutting sheet metal popularity include:
- The accuracy of the cut.
- The repeatability and consistency of the process.
- The level of detail achievable.
- The range of materials which can be processed.
- The speed of the process.
- The cost of parts.
- The ease of changing parts (particularly when compared to hard tooling etc).
- The lack of physical contact during the process.
- The small heat affected zone.